Committed and respectful to the environment, society and its workers
Welcome to La Cerdanya, the great valley of the Pyrenees.
It is located in one of the most biodiverse areas in Europe. A landscape forged since prehistoric times by humans who have lived in harmony with nature by creating their own identity within the Pyrenees with a rural culture that has given a rich cultural, architectural and ethnographic heritage.
What do we do from La Cerdanya Resort to respect the environment? The top 10 steps:
- Use renewable energies – We have different types of solar panels installed in all our establishments (vacuum tubes, plates of different fabrications …). We have been working with solar thermal energy for 25 years and we are committed to doing more. We also have a 50 kW solar photovoltaic floor fully integrated into the camping.
- Save water – We have water tanks that collect rainwater from the gutters to fill the pools and for watering. We use drip irrigation systems. We also have two levels of tank drainage, water pressure regulators in all the faucets and showers. We only change the towels when guests leave them on the floor.
- Recycle – oils, batteries, paper, plastic and cans, glass and organics.
- Use organic products – paper, brochures, cleaning products, amenities, and food packaging.
- System power management – There is a computer that manages the electric heater depending on the temperature, activating micro-cuts when needed. We have generators that act when there are power cuts and also to produce energy at electrical demand peak times.
- Environmental Workshops at the Mini club, in the entertainment and at La Cerdanya Activities Park. We promote environmentally respectful activities (hiking, biking, horseback riding). In our planned activities we take bags to pick up the trash we find outdoors.
- We have also worked with environmental organizations (DEPANA).
- The management try to print out as little as possible and, where we can, documents are scanned. In emails we ask our guests to consider if it is necessary to print out the documents or not.
- Promote new technologies to avoid putting up signposts in the mountains (GPS routes, Fantashistory, QR codes …).
- Reward guests who arrive at the hotel on foot, on horseback or by bike.
How could you help during your stay?
- In the Hotel
-Turn off the lights when you leave your room.
– In winter, do not open the windows for more than 5 minutes per day and, in summer, keep the screens closed and keep the room dark during the day.
-When brushing your teeth, try not to leave the tap running.
-Separate your waste. There are bins at the entrance of the hotel for recycling
-Try not to print the booking email confirmation. The code is enough.
-We only change the towels when you leave them on the bathroom floor.
- On your excursions
– Follow the instructions on the panels that you can find in the bar about nature trips.
– Make sure to close road gates. Dogs must be kept on a leash. Respect the livestock. Respect private property.
-Always collect garbage.
– Never make a fire in the forest.
– Try to go on foot, horseback or mountain bike and, if it is necessary to go by car, always do it on permitted roads.
Thank you for your cooperation. Nature will thank you as it is deeply generous!